It has been a big week on the learning front.
For Oscar and for me.
To be honest, I’m so exhausted right now so this entry will be in bullet point form to save my tired brain from having to string together proper sentences.
Things Oscar has learnt:
- He can now sit up independently and move from sitting position to crawling position
- He can crawl. He’s slow and shaky but he’s officially on the move
- He now prefers finger foods to pureed meals
- He can clap. Although he sometimes does it with his hands clenched into balls, reminding me of a seal
Things I have learnt:
- I need to organise his meals better. I plan to spend tomorrow researching new recipes for food that is easy to hold, healthy and yummy
- I need to try to work on getting him to sleep better/longer. I start back at work in 3 months and I am coming to the realisation that I simply won’t cope if I am still being woken by him 4-5 times through the night. I’m not really sure yet as to what we can do but some ideas so far include looking closely at his diet, baby massage, room temperature and perhaps introducing a security toy/blanket
- Include more protein in his dinner meals. A heavier dinner meal should help with the sleeping, hopefully
- I can’t leave the dog water bowl on the ground anymore
- I need to start baby proofing the house. His favourite things right now include; pulling at cords, splashing in the dog water bowl, head butting the coffee table leg/bed head/toy box, and licking the tiles
- I need to start vacuuming the carpet and washing the tiles daily now that Oscar refuses to stay on his play mat. We have 2 dogs that sleep indoors and they lose a lot of hair. They also bring in grass, dirt, sticks and prickly weeds. It’s ridiculous
- I need to organise for Oscar to see his grandparents more often. He is getting to that age where he really recognises when someone isn’t familiar. Candice and I are literally the only 2 faces he is comfortable with and obviously we want him to feel that familiarity with our parents
Did I mention how tired I am? It’s because of all that learning I’ve been doing.